Before we start, make sure to head over to Instagram and follow @dmtimepieces for access to Doug's awesome photography of watches! The ones shown below, along with a Zelos Blue meteor GMT and a Mido Ocean Star GMT, all came from us!
We hope you're enjoying your journey with our watch club!
As one of our esteemed members, we'd love to include you! Here's a quick interview. If you're interested, we would be thrilled if you could answer these 10 questions:
- How long have you been a member of our watch club?
I’ve been with the Keeper Box club for about a year and a half.
- What drew you to join the watch club in the first place?
I was drawn to the exposure to brands/styles forcing me outside of my normal comfort zone by way of the “mystery” aspect of the Keeper Box.
- What's been your favorite watch so far and why?
Not a fair question as I have several that I favor equally. If I had to choose, I’d probably say that I enjoy the Tuseno Shellback, Ocean Crawler the most.
- If you had to name "the one that got away" and you wish you'd kept, which watch was it?
Probably the LeJour Seacolt…I should have kept that one. A close second would go to the Alsta or Dietrich.
- How has your view of watches changed since joining the club?
Being exposed to more brands/styles has helped me narrow down my own personal style choices, needs vs wants, and size/materials when looking for a watch. Each Keeper Box watch helps me zero in on my own ideal watch specs.
- Have you ever had a watch surprise you, in a good way, that you didn't expect to love as much as you did?
Aside from the pieces that I kept (obviously), the LeJour surprised me in a good was because I’m not a huge “gold” person and have avoided gold accents in the past. The LeJour had a gold bezel that paired perfectly with a stunning brown textured dial…yeah, I should have kept that one.
- Can you share a particular story or experience that encapsulates your journey with our Keeper Box watch club?
There was one piece that I expected to love and would have probably purchased it on my own at some point. However, my initial impression was that it was a little too shiny for my taste and I realized that, although I did like the look of the piece on its own, I didn’t like how it looked on me…the Keeper Box saved me from making that purchase mistake. On the other side of that, I had always avoided one brand thinking they would be too big/bulky for my wrist. When receiving one of those from the Keeper Box, I was surprised that it looked great on wrist.
- How would you describe your watch collecting journey in three words?
Timepiece treasure hunt… or… Watch – Hunt – Obsession
- If you had a message for someone considering joining, what would it be?
If you have not yet narrowed down your own style or are looking to expand your experiences with brands/styles, the Keeper Box is for you. Even if you already have specific checkboxes for what you like, still consider the Keeper Box Watch Club as some of the pieces could change your mind about things you otherwise would have avoided.
- If you had a message for The Keeper Box team, what would it be?
Keep up the good work!
- Could you share a few pictures of the watches you received through our club?
- Could we grab a quick quote from you as a testimonial?
I’ve been extremely pleased with the Keeper Box Watch Club. I have purchased several and regret not keeping a couple more.
Please reply to this with your answers and as many photos of your watches received, as you’d like to share.
Thank you for your time and for being a part of our community. We appreciate you!