The Keeper Box, LLC Terms of Service
By accessing the website at http://www.thekeeperbox.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
REFUNDS & RETURNS
1A) Monthly membership fees are non-refundable in ALL INSTANCES after an initial 24hr period of signup. If you pay on a yearly basis upfront we will refund a pro-rated amount upon cancellation, starting the month AFTER the current month, less any promotional discounts you may have received (e.g a 10% discount for annual upfront membership). All monthly fees are deemed non-refundable after 24hrs of your original signup. Please do not request reimbursement of any monthly membership fees after this period.
1B) Activation fees are NON-REFUNDABLE once paid. These fees are used to secure your watch and give you access to $1000's in watches from month 1.
1C) Returns - It is the members responsibility to return watches in a timely manner. If a member does not return a watch or cancels their membership while in possession of a watch they have not purchased, they will be billed the full retail value of that watch and this invoice must be paid immediately upon receipt. The Keeper Box holds no responsibility for damages, returns, a member "not liking" a watch or any other negative impression - If a member does not like a watch, simply return it with feedback for your next watch.
1D) Watch Allocation - Members are allowed UP TO 9 watches per 12 month membership/payments - In NO CIRCUMSTANCE will a member receive more than this allocation in a 12 month period without a second membership plan. There is no rollover of watch allocation. If a member does not use 9 watch allocation in their 12 month membership their watch allocation resets for the coming 12 months, at month 13's payment.
1E) Membership Style - Membership fees are monthly and for ACCESS to the club, they are not associated with a watch or watches. This is why membership fees are non-refundable. With the 9 watch allocation, you are committed to receive up to 9 watches per 12 month membership total. Not 12 (i.e. not one per membership payment).
**Ora Odyssey Terms of Service**
1. **Security Deposits:** All Ora Odyssey plans necessitate a security deposit, which must be paid in advance. This deposit functions as a safeguard, ensuring the safe return of our valuable timepieces.
2. **Credit System:** With the Ora Odyssey plans, credits are awarded upon the safe return of each watch. The Strata Plan awards $15 per returned watch, the Altum Plan provides $20 per watch, and the Vertex Plan gives $30 per watch. These credits offer a way to recuperate your security deposit over time.
3. **Safe Return of Watches:** The condition and safety of our watches are of utmost importance. As such, we expect members to take good care of the watches and return them in the condition they were received. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of the security deposit and potential additional charges for repair or replacement.
4. **Claiming Credits:** Credits are automatically added to your account upon safe return of a watch. These can be used against future purchases or membership renewals. Please note, credits are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
5. **Changes to Terms:** We reserve the right to update these terms at any time. Members will be notified of any significant changes and continued use of the service constitutes acceptance of the new terms.
6. **Damages** Any damages to returned watches will be noted and may result in the cancellation of your return credit, up to and including full retail value (MSRP) of the watch, in extreme cases of damage. We will notify members on a case by case basis if this occurs.
7. **Condition and newness** Watches on the Ora Odyssey plans may be nearly new, to a condition of 8.5/10 on our grading scale. Remember, this is a try before you buy club, so if you wish to purchase a new unit of the model sent, you can do so, with an additional source fee of just $30, plus S&H. Simply contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the website support chat, to initiate.
Remember, Ora Odyssey is more than just a watch club, it's an experience. Let's ensure we enjoy it while respecting the value of the timepieces we share.
**Keepers Quest Terms of Service**
1. **New-in-Box Watches:** All watches delivered as part of the Keepers Quest plans will be brand new in box (BNIB). As a member, you'll be the first one to unseal, wear, and appreciate these premium timepieces.
2. **Ownership:** As Keepers Quest allows members to permanently keep each watch they receive, no security deposit is required. The watches are yours to keep from the moment they arrive.
3. **Payment:** Members of the Keepers Quest plans agree to pay the stated monthly or quarterly fee, which will be billed on a recurring basis until cancelled. Payments are non-refundable once a watch has been dispatched.
4. **Watch Value:** The value of the watches received as part of the Keepers Quest plans will exceed the monthly fee. We guarantee that you are receiving exceptional value for each timepiece.
5. **Changes to Terms:** We reserve the right to update these terms at any time. Members will be notified of any significant changes, and continued use of the service constitutes acceptance of the new terms.
Keepers Quest is your direct ticket to a growing watch collection, curated by experts and driven by your love for timepieces. Enjoy the journey, and appreciate the lasting value of every new piece you receive.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The Keeper Box, LLC's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The Keeper Box, LLC's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The Keeper Box, LLC at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on The Keeper Box, LLC's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. The Keeper Box, LLC makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, The Keeper Box, LLC does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The Keeper Box, LLC or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The Keeper Box, LLC's website, even if The Keeper Box, LLC or a The Keeper Box, LLC authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on The Keeper Box, LLC's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Keeper Box, LLC does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. The Keeper Box, LLC may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However The Keeper Box, LLC does not make any commitment to update the materials.
The Keeper Box, LLC has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Keeper Box, LLC of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
The Keeper Box, LLC may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
9. Trade-In Program Terms of Service
The Keeper Box Trade-In Program ("Trade-In Program") allows our members ("You") to trade in eligible watches, subject to the following terms:
1. **Eligibility:** The Trade-In Program is available to all active Keeper Box members, regardless of plan. You may initiate a trade-in request once per quarter.
2. **Trade-in Requests:** Trade-in requests are initiated by You and must be approved by the Keeper Box team. We reserve the right to accept or reject any trade-in request based on our current inventory, the condition of the watch, and market trends.
3. **Trade-in Value:** The value offered for each trade-in will be determined by the Keeper Box team based on the model, brand, condition of the watch, and market value. The value may be provided in the form of Keeper Box account credits or a watch of equal or lower value. Trade-ins are not considered a swap for specific watches.
4. **Use of Trade-in Value:** For Ora Odyssey members, the trade-in value is applied as account credit and can be used to offset the security fee. The credit is not refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
5. **Condition of the Watch:** You are responsible for accurately describing the condition of your watch during the trade-in request. If upon receipt of the watch, we determine that the condition differs from your description, we reserve the right to adjust the trade-in value or reject the trade-in.
6. **Shipping:** You will be responsible for safely packaging and shipping the watch to Keeper Box. We strongly recommend using a trackable shipping service and purchasing shipping insurance. Keeper Box is not responsible for watches that are lost or damaged during transit.
7. **Fraud Prevention:** Any attempt to defraud Keeper Box or abuse the Trade-In Program, as determined by Keeper Box at our sole discretion, may result in the cancellation of your membership and forfeiture of any accrued credits.
8. **Changes to the Trade-In Program:** Keeper Box reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Trade-In Program at any time. If significant changes are made, we will notify you via email.
9. **Members Only** The trade in program is exclusively available to members of our watch club who commit to a minimum 3 month/3 billing membership
By participating in the Trade-In Program, you agree to these Terms of Service and accept that our decision regarding the eligibility, value, and condition of the watch is final. Your use of the Trade-In Program constitutes your acceptance of these terms.
Your privacy is important to us. It is The Keeper Box, LLC's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://www.thekeeperbox.com, and other sites we own and operate.
Information we collect
When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. This data is considered “non-identifying information”, as it does not personally identify you on its own. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
We may also collect data about the device you are using to access our website. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
We may ask for personal information, such as your name, email address, physical address, and payment details. This data is considered “identifying information”, as it can personally identify you.
We only request this information when you interact with our site services—like shopping and transacting on our site, creating a user account, or subscribing to our newsletter. We may also ask for personal information belonging to someone else when you buy goods and services as gifts intended for direct delivery to the recipient. We only use collected personal information in the context of providing or improving these services.
How we collect information
We collect information by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used. You are free to refuse our request for this information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services without it.
Use of information
We may use a combination of identifying and non-identifying information to understand who our visitors are, how they use our services, and how we may improve their experience of our website in future. We also use this information to gain insights into demographics, product and service popularity, and the effectiveness of our marketing activity. We do not disclose the specifics of this information publicly, but may share aggregated and anonymised versions of this information, for example, in website and customer usage trend reports.
We primarily use your personal information for the purposes of processing your orders of products and services, delivering those products and services to you (or your nominated recipient), and granting you access to engage with certain areas of our site.
We may use your personal details to contact you with updates about our website and services, along with promotional content that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt out of receiving promotional content, you can follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided alongside any promotional correspondence from us.
Data processing and storage
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in , or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. We only transfer data within jurisdictions subject to data protection laws that reflect our commitment to protecting the privacy of our users.
We only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide a service, or to improve our services in future. While we retain this data, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
If you request your personal information be deleted, or where your personal information becomes no longer relevant to our operations, we will erase it from our system within a reasonable timeframe.
Third-party access to information
We use third-party services for:
- Analytics tracking
- User authentication
- Advertising and promotion
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Payment processing
These services may access our data solely for the purpose of performing specific tasks on our behalf. We do not share any personally identifying information with them without your explicit consent. We do not give them permission to disclose or use any of our data for any other purpose.
We may, from time to time, allow limited access to our data by external consultants and agencies for the purpose of analysis and service improvement. This access is only permitted for as long as necessary to perform a specific function. We only work with external agencies whose privacy policies align with ours.
We will refuse government and law enforcement requests for data if we believe a request is too broad or unrelated to its stated purpose. However, we may cooperate if we believe the requested information is necessary and appropriate to comply with legal process, to protect our own rights and property, to protect the safety of the public and any person, to prevent a crime, or to prevent what we reasonably believe to be illegal, legally actionable, or unethical activity.
We do not otherwise share or supply personal information to third parties. We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or third parties.
Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to this policy
Your rights and responsibilities
As our user, you have the right to be informed about how your data is collected and used. You are entitled to know what data we collect about you, and how it is processed. You are entitled to correct and update any personal information about you, and to request this information be deleted. You may amend your account information at any time, using the tools provided in your account control panel.
You are entitled to restrict or object to our use of your data, while retaining the right to use your personal information for your own purposes. You have the right to opt out of data about you being used in decisions based solely on automated processing.
Feel free to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about how we handle your data and personal information.
The Keeper Box, LLC Data Controller
The Keeper Box, LLC Data Protection Officer
This policy is effective as of 21 May 2018.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website stores on your device when you visit, typically containing information about the website itself, a unique identifier that allows the site to recognise your web browser when you return, additional data that serves the purpose of the cookie, and the lifespan of the cookie itself.
Cookies are used to enable certain features (eg. logging in), to track site usage (eg. analytics), to store your user settings (eg. timezone, notification preferences), and to personalise your content (eg. advertising, language).
Cookies set by the website you are visiting are normally referred to as “first-party cookies”, and typically only track your activity on that particular site. Cookies set by other sites and companies (ie. third parties) are called “third-party cookies”, and can be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service.
Types of cookies and how we use them
Essential cookies are crucial to your experience of a website, enabling core features like user logins, account management, shopping carts and payment processing. We use essential cookies to enable certain functions on our website.
Performance cookies are used in the tracking of how you use a website during your visit, without collecting personal information about you. Typically, this information is anonymous and aggregated with information tracked across all site users, to help companies understand visitor usage patterns, identify and diagnose problems or errors their users may encounter, and make better strategic decisions in improving their audience’s overall website experience. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. We use performance cookies on our site.
Functionality cookies are used in collecting information about your device and any settings you may configure on the website you’re visiting (like language and timezone settings). With this information, websites can provide you with customised, enhanced or optimised content and services. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party service. We use functionality cookies for selected features on our site.
Targeting / advertising cookies are used in determining what promotional content is more relevant and appropriate to you and your interests. Websites may use them to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This helps companies improve the effectiveness of their campaigns and the quality of content presented to you. These cookies may be set by the website you’re visiting (first-party) or by third-party services. Targeting / advertising cookies set by third-parties may be used to track you on other websites that use the same third-party service. We use targeting / advertising cookies on our site.
Third-party cookies on our site
Our third-party privacy promise
We review the privacy policies of all our third-party providers before enlisting their services to ensure their practices align with ours. We will never knowingly include third-party services that compromise or violate the privacy of our users.
How you can control or opt out of cookies
If you browse websites from multiple devices, you may need to update your settings on each individual device.
Although some cookies can be blocked with little impact on your experience of a website, blocking all cookies may mean you are unable to access certain features and content across the sites you visit.
We encourage parents to engage with us in protecting their children’s privacy, ensuring a safe and enjoyable online experience.
Collecting information from children
At times, we may require information from children to enable participation in certain activities, for example, registering an account, customising a profile, or receiving notifications. When collecting non-personal information, we encourage children never to provide any details that may personally identify them or reveal their location. We do not require children to provide more information than is necessary to participate in an activity.
We do not use children’s contact details for marketing purposes, though we may use them for our internal marketing and research in order to improve the quality of products and services offered across our site.
In accordance with COPPA, if an activity does require any personal information (such as first name, last name, or email address), we will provide notice to and seek consent from a parent or guardian prior to collecting the information. We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to enable participation in the requested activity.
In the event we discover we have collected personal information in a manner non-compliant with COPPA, we will either delete the information or seek parental consent.
As a parent/guardian, if you believe your child is participating in an activity that collects personal information, and you have not received a notification or request for consent, please feel free to get in touch via our contact page http://www.thekeeperbox.com. We do not use parent contact details for marketing purposes unless marketing materials are explicitly requested.
Safeguarding children’s privacy
We take security seriously, and do what we can within commercially acceptable means to protect your child’s personal information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and cannot guarantee absolute data security.
Information abuse and community misconduct
We do not tolerate doxing (publishing of private or personal information about an individual without their consent), cyberbullying, or other forms of information abuse on http://www.thekeeperbox.com.
If we discover that a child’s personal information has been disclosed on our site without the express consent of their parent/guardian, we will remove the content in question as quickly as possible and effect disciplinary measures (a warning, suspension or ban) on the offending account.
Third-party access to information
We do not knowingly disclose any personally identifying information or personal information provided by children to third parties. We may, however, disclose anonymised and aggregated versions of this information (analytics and statistics) for business, marketing or public relations purposes.
Parental controls and intervention
As a parent/guardian, you may at any time refuse to let us collect further information from your children for a particular activity or account. If you have given us consent previously, you may log in to your child’s account to review, edit or delete the information, or contact us via to request the removal of the information from our records.
Please be aware that the removal of certain information may result in the termination of the associated account, or withdrawal from the associated activity.